About Alma M
Everything can be taken away from a person, except learning and knowledge!
Alma-M works towards creating a foundation for better upbringing and development for children in Cambodia.
The name Alma-M comes from the Latin name “Alma Mater”, and was first used in Roman times. Many counties and languages have filled the name with meaning; such as education, training, development and care. It has also been associated with the introduction of humanitarian work.
Alma-M is registered as a voluntary organization and har company organization number NO 996 835 723. We have established a steering group of five people, currently led by the founder Haldis Særsten.
Sponsor program in Sihanoukville
We currently pay for schooling for 53 kids. 34 in primary school, 15 in high school and 5 at university. This is paid for by regular support from 50 sponsors. The remaining funds come in as gifts.
All donations to the sponsor program are used to pay for schooling, uniforms and school books. Our organization is based on 100% voluntary work, and that includes administration. The steering group covers their own expenses, including travels to Cambodia one or two times a year.
Help girls / young women with
- Primary school
- High school
- University education (2 years)
- Information and knowledge about their own rights
- Support and facilitate for dignified life with their own income
How do we help?
- We give support to schooling for girls
- Facilitate for families to be able to live together
- Pay rent in certain special situations
- Distribute food when needed
- Give support to newly established workplaces
- Give support to training and information about their rights, hygeane, nutrition and self-development